For your convenience, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions below. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact the Help Center.
Your email and documents will be securely stored on Microsoft’s “cloud” servers. These servers are guaranteed to be housed in the United States.
The current service is 2 GB, now with 365 the mailbox is 50 GB.
All of UConn’s Google services will remain how they are today. Gmail will still remain as students email.
Students will be able to use all of the Office Online features after they log onto the portal but their email will remain as Gmail.
- If you open email through the Outlook email client, the application on your personal computer or device that enables you to manage your email, your account will automatically re-configure.
- If you use a mail client other than Outlook, like IMAP, you will need to re-configure the client for Office 365.
- If you would like to start or continue receiving university email on your mobile device, they will need to be reconfigured.
If you need any assistance with Office 365, contact the UITS Help Center at 860.486.4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
By protecting our email accounts from unwanted and potentially dangerous message, SPAM filters serve an important role. However, Microsoft’s filtering system sometimes misidentifies legitimate email messages as SPAM and sends them to the junk folder in your mailbox. With a few steps – and occasionally monitoring your junk folder – you can customize the server and correct this misidentification. Over time and as more Outlook users engage in these corrective actions, the server will filter with even greater accuracy.
If you discover that an email was mistakenly sent to your junk folder, you should identify it as “not junk.”
- Go to the junk folder in your mailbox
- Right clock on the email, and select Junk -> “Not junk” option.
- A pop-up will appear. Click OK, to move the message back to your inbox. Check the box by “Always trust e-mail…” to ensure that the sender address will not be blocked again in the future.
If you would like to disable the junk mail feature, follow the steps below. Please note: By disabling this feature, you will receive more spam emails in the future.
- Go to https://portal.office.com/Home, and log into your Office 365 with your email address and password.
- Click the Mail tile to open your mailbox
- Click the settings gear, in the upper right corner, and select mail.
Plus email addressing, also known as sub-addressing, allows you to create variations of a normal email address that will still be delivered to your institutional email account. To use this feature, append a plus (“+”) sign and desired descriptor after your account name and before the @ symbol (e.g., email@example.com).
Turn on cached mode for Outlook 2010. (We recommend upgrading to Office 2013.)
Outlook 2011 for Mac uses caching by default and cannot be enabled or disabled.
Office 365 web mail does not have a spell check ability. Instead, it is based on the browser you are currently using. If your browser finds a spelling error, it will signal the error with a red underline. To fix the error, simply right click on the red underlined and it will bring up a list of spelling solutions.
|Using Office Online & OneDrive|
First, log into UConn’s Office 365 portal. From the Office Online interface, you can now access Office 365 web applications.
OneDrive for Business is a place where you can store, sync, and share your work files. As part of Office 365 or SharePoint Server 2013, OneDrive for Business lets you update and share your files from anywhere and work on Office documents with others at the same time.
Learn about OneDrive from Microsoft.
View our UConn OneDrive page.
All documents created in Office 2013 and in Office Online have the option to be shared with colleagues to collaborate on.
This is the first release of the OneDrive for Business app for Mac. The installation process requires you to enter information into Terminal. Future releases should be more user-friendly. Information here. If you need assistance with the configuration, contact the UITS Help Center.
|Security and privacy|