Frequently Asked Questions

Where will my email and documents be stored once I am using Office 365?

Your email and documents will be securely stored on Microsoft's "cloud" servers. These servers are guaranteed to be housed in the United States.

What is the size of my mailbox in Office 365?

For a mailbox in Office 365 the size is 50GB.

What is going to happen with UConn’s Google services and Gmail?

All of UConn’s Google services will remain how they are today. Gmail will still remain as students email.

Can students take advantage of Office 365?

Students will be able to use all of the Office Online features after they log onto the portal but their email will remain as Gmail.

What are the system requirements for Office 365?

For system requirements for Office 365, the monthly subscription-based service for business, education, and government organizations, see System requirements for Office on the office.com products site.

What can’t I sync to OneDrive?

What is OneDrive?

OneDrive for Business is a place where you can store, sync, and share your work files. As part of Office 365 or SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business lets you update and share your files from anywhere and work on Office documents with others at the same time.
Learn about OneDrive from Microsoft.
View our UConn OneDrive page.

What are the OneDrive for business Mac App instructions?

This is the first release of the OneDrive for Business app for Mac. The installation process requires you to enter information into Terminal. Future releases should be more user-friendly. Information here. If you need assistance with the configuration, contact the UITS Help Center.

What kind of data can I store on Office 365?