Before you begin, if you need to remove your existing Exchange account or configuration profile, please use the link below.
Android e-mail Exchange Account Configuration
- Launch the Mail application (generally accessible under the all programs section of the interface). Be sure you are setting your email up as a Corporate Email Account.
- Select Exchange Activesync in the Choose your mail provider window.
- Enter your UConn e-mail address and password. Click the Manual Setup button (not Next).
- Ensure the following information is entered:
- E-mail address: FirstName.LastName@uconn.edu
- Server address: outlook.office365.com
- Username: FirstName.LastName@uconn.edu or **Some devices may require the field to be completed as: uconn\FirstName.LastName@uconn.edu
- Password: NetID password
- This server requires an encrypted SSL connection: checked
- Click Next.
- Select the data to synchronize with the Exchange Server (ie: Mail, Contacts, Calendar – choose which ones you would like to sync to your device and click the Finish Setup button).
- Click OK for the security policy dialogue that appears.
- If presented with a dialogue asking you to apply security policies to your device, click the Activate button to continue.
- If prompted to set a device password, click the PIN/passcode options, enter a code twice, then click Continue.
Note: if you exit out of this, the e-mail setup will be cancelled.
Congratulations! You should now be directed to your mail box where messages will begin downloading shortly.